October 18, 2013
With the return of autumn comes all of the grand and chilly adventures. But how is it that the little ones never seem to feel the cold the same way? If you think that you appreciate your own favorite wool coat or stylish windbreaker, think of how important your children’s jackets will be, whether they know it or not! Since autumn has so many fun activities calling them to the great outdoors, it’s good to know they will be protected from the chill when going for:
• Walks in the woods. Autumn brings out a whole new side to nature. The greens of spring have long since faded into the dusty tones of summer, but now color returns in bright hues of orange, red and yellow. Take a hike in the trees to see if you and your kids can spot anything else that changes when the weather cools.
• Park afternoons. Sometimes the chill in the air makes running around outside even more thrilling. Enjoy the fun of a day at the park without worrying about the sting of the summer heat or the nip of fall cool.
• Puddle jumping. When it comes to wetter fun, the messier the better, it seems. Children’s jackets that have protection from the elements are even more important. Let your kids dance in the rain–and jump in the puddles–without worrying about too deep a chill.
Then there are the days when the chilly air means your family can truly enjoy some indoor fun. Watching football games and baking cookies are great go-to activities for the fall season, when your kids can sport team jerseys and jumpers of a matching color underneath their jackets.
When you are looking for something a little more creative to do during days spent inside, turn to:
• Game time. Let each child pick out one or two of their favorite board games and fill the day with a tournament of dice and cards. Add hot chocolate and grilled cheese for a special autumn treat.
• Blanket forts. Weekends are best for turning your living room into a fortress from another land. Uproot cushions and become an engineer in blanket awnings to create a fort for you and your little ones to huddle in. Imagine your own stories to fill the fort, or read favorite books by flashlight.
• Scavenger hunts. There are many unexplored nooks and crannies in your own house. Write a series of clues leading to different locations in your home and attach small items to these clues to lead your kids on a merry hunt around the house.
While indoor fun may not require as many layers, cold weather never keeps our little ones inside for long! That’s why Hartstrings proudly offers the best in quality children’s jackets, to keep the active munchkins cozy wherever their adventuring leads them. Fall has many of the best activities to enjoy with our kids; with quality jackets and apparel, we can play too, knowing they’re comfortable and warm.